Personal tools
You are here: Home Members Kevin B. Hill KJ's Web Log
Log in

Forgot your password?

KJ's Web Log

Entered with some help from my parents.

May 14, 2007

My First Tooth

by Becky Hill — last modified May 14, 2007 09:25 PM

I have a tooth

My first tooth broke through the skin on Saturday.  It's on the bottom.  The tooth next to it is trying to come through, too.  I've been a little cranky but it's because my mouth is hurting.  Once these teeth come in all the way, I'm sure I'll be feeling better and won't be so cranky.

May 03, 2007


by Becky Hill — last modified May 03, 2007 02:36 PM

My first Cheerios experience

Mommy and Daddy gave me cheerios for the first time last night.  It took me a little while to get interested in them.  Then I kept trying to pick them up, but since I don't have the pincher grasp yet, I couldn't.  So, instead of eating them, I just pushed them around the highchair tray.  I also knocked a few of them on the floor.  Mommy tried giving them to Fred, but I guess he wasn't too interested in them, either.  Mommy said that since I couldn't even pick up the cheerios, then I probably wasn't ready to eat them.  I'm gonna try again in a few days, and see if I'm interested in them.

Apr 26, 2007

6 month update

by Becky Hill — last modified Apr 26, 2007 09:27 PM

Mommy's been too busy to help me update my blog...

It's been a long time since Mommy helped me update my blog- like 2 months or more...that's like 1/3 of my life!  HOLY COW!

So, I'm now a little over 6 months old.  I've been up to a lot of stuff...  Here's an update...

I'm sitting up myself- only fall over every now and then.  I like to sit up and play with all my toys. 

In the morning, when I wake up, I like to turn on my Mobile in the crib.  That way I have some music playing and something to watch until Mommy gets up and gets my breakfast ready.

I've realized that sleeping on my tummy is much more comfortable than sleeping on my back.  I like to fall asleep while on my side or roll all the way over onto my tummy.  This morning, I woke up with a bruise on my lower lip, because I slept on my face all night....and I had my binkie in my mouth the whole time- that's why I have the bruise...  :)

Mommy's been taking me to the library at least every week.  She helps me pick out books.  Mommy and Daddy have been reading about 10 books to me a week.  I really love it when they read to me!  When Mommy took me to the library earlier this week, we was a really nice day outside.  Mommy said it was a little over 3 miles.  Mommy took me to the library today for the Storytime.  I was the only one there.  BOY, DID I HAVE FUN!  The nice lady that read to me was really nice and I sure liked her.  She read me lots of books about Puppies and Dogs.  She also sang songs to me...I liked it a lot.  I made Mommy laugh because I was giggling so much!  She said I was super cute.

I used to not like being on my belly, but now I really like it.  I've even been getting up on my hands and knees and know what that means....  I'm gonna be crawling any day now!   I can't wait to be able to reach and get whatever I want...whenever I want.  WOO HOO

I started eating meats this week... Mommy fed me some beef.  It's pretty good.  I'm eating a lot of baby food regularly.  I eat cereal, fruit, and bottle for breakfast, then I eat meat, veggie, fruit, and bottle for lunch, then I eat a bottle for a snack, and then veggies, fruit, and bottle for dinner.  I also get another bottle before going to bed.  My Doctor says I'm really healthy.  I sure feel good a lot!

I outgrew my tub with the sling.  Mommy took the sling out of the little tub and placed the whole little tub into the "big boy bathtub".  Mommy plays with me when I get in the tub with little quirters and a rubber ducky.  Mommy's been teaching me colors with the squirt balls and ducky.

I think that's about all I've been up to lately...   :)   Make sure you check out my pictures too!

Feb 20, 2007

Rolling over

by Becky Hill — last modified Feb 20, 2007 08:23 PM

I rolled all the way over today

Today, I was rolling over on the mat, and I just kept going!  I rolled from my back to my belly and onto my back again!  It was the first time I've done it by myself.  Daddy was at work, but Mommy called him to tell him about it.  Then when Daddy came home, I did it again for him to see.  Wasn't that nice of me!!

Vegetable Baby Food

by Becky Hill — last modified Feb 20, 2007 08:21 PM

I started eating Vegetables today

Today for lunch I ate Vegetables!  I ate some green beans.  They tasted kinda funny, though.  I made a funny face with each bite.  But, I liked it and ate them.  Mommy gave me small spoonfuls and turned out, I ate 1/2 a container- 1.25 ounces.  WOO HOO

Jan 31, 2007


by Becky Hill — last modified Jan 31, 2007 02:40 PM

I was really giggling at Grandma yesterday.

Mommy and I were visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Leisher yesterday.  Mommy was telling Grandma that I haven't been giggling a lot.  When we were getting ready to leave, Mommy went out to start the car.  While Mommy was gone, Grandpa was holding me, and Grandma was entertaining me.  She was playing a sort of peek-a-boo with me, and BOY WAS IT FUN!!!   I was really, really giggling!  I loved it.  Mommy even called Daddy at work so he could hear me giggling.  It was fun!

Jan 29, 2007

I'm eating cereal

by Becky Hill — last modified Jan 29, 2007 09:24 AM

Mommy and Daddy started me on cereal over the weekend.

Sunday morning, Mommy made me cereal and I ate cereal for the first time.  Boy, did I make a mess all over my face. :)  It was fun.  I actually ate some of it.  I kept pushing it out with my tongue, but got some in my tummy.  Then, Sunday night, Daddy fed me cereal and it was a little too runny.  I didn't eat much at all.  I made a huge mess all over everywhere.  Then, I got mad and was crying a lot.  This second time didn't go so well.

However, this morning (Monday), it went much better.  Mommy made the cereal a little thicker and I ate it very well.  Then I drank the rest of my bottle. 

Jan 24, 2007

I rolled over...

by Becky Hill — last modified Jan 24, 2007 09:23 PM

with the help of gravity!

Daddy put me on the couch Tuesday morning, and with the help of gravity, I rolled over..   WOOHOO!!  I haven't done it since, but I sure try.  :)   I have a mat which I like to play on.  There are toys that hang so I can bat at them.  Mommy puts me on the mat, so that the back of my head is towards the TV.  That way, I can't stare at the TV instead of playing.  Anyway, I found out that if I roll onto my side, I can see the TV just fine.  So now, whenever Mommy puts me on the mat, I grab one of the toys and roll onto my side.  Then, I can see the TV just fine.  :)

Jan 06, 2007

My First Giggle

by Becky Hill — last modified Jan 06, 2007 11:05 PM

I giggled for the first time yesterday

So, Daddy came home yesterday after work, and Mommy was holding me.  Then, Daddy was talking to me about us going shopping at Target and I just thought it was SOOO funny.  I was really smiley and giggled for the first time.  Both Mommy and Daddy were SOOO excited!  It was such a cute giggle, too!  :)

Jan 01, 2007

Christmas and New Years

by Becky Hill — last modified Jan 01, 2007 07:49 PM

I won Christmas!

I had a wonderful first Christmas and New Years!  My schedule's been a little off the past few weeks, but I sure had a lot of fun!

On Sat. the 23rd, Mommy and Daddy took me to my cousin Marnee's house for a Christmas Party with the Geick side of the family.  It was lots of fun.  Mommy and Daddy ate lots of good food.  I hung out with family and swung in a new swing.  I really liked it (it swung from side to side, not front to back, like the one I have at home).  Everyone got lots of presents- I got clothes and toys.  We had a really goot time.  As we were leaving, cousin Marnee let us take the cool swing home with us.  YEAH!

I opened Christmas presents from Santa on Christmas Eve.  I got lots of toys and clothes.  I also got a Thomas and Friends Book that Mommy will read to me.  Mommy and Daddy opened the presents for me, and showed everything to me. 

Christmas Day, Mommy and Daddy took me up to visit Great Grandpa Swanson, Grandma Swanson, and Great Aunt Lisa.  They had a nice Turkey Dinner (I slept while everyone ate).  Then, everyone opened Christmas Presents- I got some nice clothes and other baby things. 

After leaving Great Grandpa's house, we went to Great Grandma Hill's house.  We vistied with Great Uncle Gary, Great Uncle Ron, Great Aunt Kathy, and Cousin Adam.  I got a lot more Christmas Presents- more clothes and lots of books and toys.

Then, on the 27th, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Leisher's house to celebrate Christmas with Aunt Jen, Uncle Raul, Aunt Amy, Uncle Paul, and cousins Alex and Zach.  I had a lot of fun playing with my cousins.  I really enjoy watching Alex and Zach playing- I can't wait until I get old enough to play with them.  After everyone ate turkey dinner, we opened more presents- I got lots of more toys including a big play mat.  Mommy's been giving me tummy time on it, I like the mat, but don't enjoy tummy time very much.

Then last night was New Years.  I'm still a little young to stay up all night, so I went to bed early.  But, Mommy and Daddy stayed up until 12, then went to bed.  It's been a really long few weeks for everyone!

Dec 16, 2006


by Becky Hill — last modified Dec 16, 2006 01:43 PM

I got my first set of immunizations today

Today I went to the Doctor's office for my 2 month appointment.  Everything looks really good.  I'm a very happy and healthy baby!  I weigh 12 pounds and 9 ounces, and am 24 1/2 inches long.  I'm in the 90th percentile for my length and 75th percentile for my weight.

Today I also had to get my first set of shots...yucky.  I really, really don't like getting shots.  I cried a lot during the shots.  I even tried to knock the Nurse's hand away when she put the first needle in my leg.  I really didn't like it.  I could tell that Mommy didn't like it either.  It looked like she was really trying to hold back the tears herself.

Right afterwards, Mommy held me and I calmed down.  It's now been 4 hours since the shots, and I'm doing OK.  I've been sleeping and Mommy and Daddy are giving me Tylenol for my fever from the immunizations.  I'm sure I'll feel a lot better tomorrow.

If I'm feeling up to it, Mommy and Daddy are going to take me out for Indian again tonight with Aunt Jenny and Uncle Raul.  We'll see how things go.

Dec 03, 2006

Saturday, December 2

by Becky Hill — last modified Dec 03, 2006 04:20 PM

Out for breakfast and over to Grandma and Grandpa Leisher's

Mommy, Daddy, and I went out for breakfast this morning.  They took me to the place they really like to go- Warrenville Pancake House.  I slept most of the time, but looked around a little, too.  I got to meet the Waitress they usually have while eating there on the weekends.  She was really nice and thought I was really cute (cause I am)!!!   :)

Later in the afternoon, Mommy and Daddy took me to Grandma and Grandpa Leisher's house for a little while.  They watched me while Daddy took Mommy to look at new cars.  I was really, really good for Grandma and Grandpa today- I slept a lot, and ate 6 ounces really well for them.  I really enjoyed spending time with them.

Friday, December 1

by Becky Hill — last modified Dec 03, 2006 04:14 PM


Today when I woke up, Mommy took me to the front door and showed me snow.  It was snowing a lot outside!  It's really white and fluffy and looks like tons of fun to play in.  Daddy had to get up early to use the loud snowblower to move the snow off the driveway before going to work.  Mommy and I just enjoyed watching the snow fall most of the day from inside the warm house.  Daddy's work let him come home early to use the loud snowblower again before it got too dark outside.  That was really nice of them!  So, Daddy cleaned off the driveway and sidewalk of all the pretty snow.

Thursday, November 30th

by Becky Hill — last modified Dec 03, 2006 04:11 PM

Grandma and Grandpa Leisher babysat me today for the first time

Today was the first day that Grandma and Grandpa Leisher babysat me.  Mommy had to go to the Doctor for her 6 week post partum appointment (whatever that means).  So, they watched me until Mommy and Daddy came home.  I was quite fussy for them today, I had a bad day.  I feel bad that the first time they come to watch me, is one of the worst days for me.  I'm sorry, Grandma and Grandpa :)   I promise to be better next time!

Nov 26, 2006

Two New Firsts

by Becky Hill — last modified Nov 26, 2006 09:19 PM

Today I went for a walk in the new Jogging Stroller and helped put up the Christmas Tree!

Today was over 60 degrees and really nice outside, so Mommy and Daddy decided to take me out in my new Jogging Stroller for a walk.  We went all the way around the neighborhood.  It was sunny outside, and there was a nice breeze.  It was really nice to get out for my first walk ever!  I really enjoyed it- or so Mommy and Daddy tell me.  You see, I was sleeping the whole time.  But, I'm sure I'd have love it if I was awake!  :)

After the walk, Mommy and Daddy rested a little bit (I rested during the walk, too), then Daddy went to the Basement (I still haven't seen the Basement, yet) and brought up the Christmas Tree and all the Christmas Decorations.  It was fun to watch Mommy and Daddy set up the Christmas Tree- Daddy put on the lights and Mommy put on the Ornaments.  Fred and Claudius tried to help too, but they weren't much help.  I thought it was really funny to watch Fred eating the Christmas Tree limbs and climb in the middle of the tree. 

Now that the Tree is up, I really enjoy watching the lights.  It's SO PRETTY!

Nov 25, 2006


by Becky Hill — last modified Nov 25, 2006 03:48 PM

We went to Great Grandpa Swanson's and Great Grandma Hill's for Thanksgiving. Then Grandma and Grandpa Leisher came here with Uncle Paul and Aunt Amy.

On Thanksgiving Day, Mommy and Daddy drove me up to Great Grandpa Swanson's house.  I got to see Grandma Swanson again.  I also met my Great Aunt Lisa and Great Aunt Sue for the first time.  I was really good while we were visiting- I slept so the "adults" could eat their Thanksgiving Dinner, and stayed wide awake most of the rest of the visit.  Daddy took lots of videos while we were there.

After leaving Great Grandpa Swanson's, Daddy drove Mommy and me to Great Grandma Hill's house.  I met Great Grandma Hill, Great Aunt Carol, Great Uncle Gary, and my cousins Marsha, Racheal, and Sarah.  I slept most of the time, cause I was awake almost the whole visit at Great Grandpa Swanson's.

The day after Thanksgiving, Grandma and Grandpa Leisher came over to my house.  Uncle Paul and Aunt Amy came over, too.  Mommy cooked Lasagna for everyone except me.  I'm still too little to eat "adult" food.  I slept for awhile during their visit.  Everyone was playing the new Wii system Mommy bought, and I really liked watching them move around.  It's fun!

Nov 21, 2006

New Binkie

by Becky Hill — last modified Nov 21, 2006 07:11 PM

Today I got a new Binkie

Mommy bought me a new Binkie today.  I really like it.  It's much easier to keep in my mouth than the other ones.  This one is an Avent Binkie.

Mommy also switched me to the size 2 Avent nipples today for my feedings.  It's going great!  I really enjoy eating and now I'm not fussy anymore during the feeding time.  I'm sure Mommy and Daddy are glad about that.

Nov 06, 2006


by Becky Hill — last modified Nov 06, 2006 02:17 PM

I slept in my crib for part of the night last night. Also, today was Daddy's first day back to work.

Last night was the first night I slept in my crib.  I've been sleeping in the Pack-N-Play during the day and in the bassenette during the night.  Last night, Mommy put me in the bassenette from 11pm-3am, then I slept in the crib by myself until 6am.  I like the crib much better, because I have room to stretch my arms out without hitting anything.  But I think Mommy misses me sleeping right next to her.

Daddy went back to work today.  Mommy and I miss him a lot.  Mommy is doing a great job taking care of me during the day.  We have fun together.  Today, Mommy took some pictures of me smiling and she also took some video to show Daddy when he gets home.  It's nice to have Mommy home with me during the day. 

Nov 05, 2006

This Weekend

by Becky Hill — last modified Nov 05, 2006 09:50 PM

We had a fun weekend: Several people came to visit and meet me. Saturday, Mommy, Daddy, and I went out for lunch and did some shopping. On Sunday, we started working on switching my nights and days around.

Friday night, Aunt Diana and Keith came to visit and meet me.  We all had dinner (I ate first then everyone else ate) and then I napped.

Saturday, we went to Sizzle India in Naperville for lunch.  Mommy and Daddy really enjoyed the buffet.  I was pretty tired and slept the whole time, but I'm sure down the road I'll really like Indian food, too.

After lunch, we went to Babies R-Us for some diapers and Meijer for formula and other stuff Mommy and Daddy needed.  Later that afternoon, Daddy's boss and his wife (Jack and Lisa) stopped by to meet me.  They brought me presents...I like presents!  They got me some cute outfits and everyone from Daddy's work pitched in and got me a Target Giftcard.

After Jack and Lisa left, Grandma and Grandpa stopped by with Uncle Paul.  I was a little cranky because I was getting hungry, but it was nice to see them again.

On Sunday, Mommy and Daddy started to switch my nights and days around.  I was up from about 7:30am until almost 2pm.  Then I sure was tired!  I'm going to try to stay up more during the day, to help Mommy and Daddy get sleep at night.

Nov 03, 2006

I Love the Night Life

by Kevin Hill — last modified Nov 03, 2006 08:36 AM

I still like sleeping all day and being up all night.

I guess it because I was born at 2am. My parents are trying to keep me up more during the day, but so far I'm resisting successfully.

Oct 31, 2006

First Post!

by Kevin B. Hill — last modified Oct 31, 2006 06:50 PM

this is the first entry

Hi there!

Document Actions
« September 2021 »